Serving the Community –
In 1996, my husband, John and I founded “Flags for Greenwood”, a 501 (c)(3) not-for-profit organization in which citizens, friends and businesses joined together to raise funds to purchase American flags to be displayed along our city streets. Initially, Flags for Greenwood started with 254 flags. The “Avenue of Flags” now has over 900 flags spanning better than 24 miles of our city streets.
My husband, John, and I tried getting a group together to raise funds for a Veteran’s Memorial that would honor the military as well as local police officers and firemen who serve and protect in our community. There were issues with finding property and the group disbanded. Now property has been made available at Freedom Park and a new group which I am a member of is raising funds.
- Current member of Greenwood City Council representing District 1– 7 years
- Selected Richard Lugar Excellence in Public Service Series Class of 2014-15
- Council liaison to the airport
- Member of Greenwood First Baptist since 1979
- Current member of The Social of Greenwood (Senior Citizens) Board of Directors (2009)
The Social sponsors an annual Senior Expo in May approx.. 115 booths and 600 people
Planning a community First Responders Recognition on July 29th
- Board member Greenwood Village South
- Board member Restore Old Town Greenwood
- Current member Indiana Utility Shareholders Association Board of Directors since 2009.
Been to DC 3 times to working to limit taxes on investment dividends
- Board member Veteran’s Memorial – Memorial to be built at Freedom Park
- Republican Precinct Committeewoman
- Crime Watch Coordinator – Holman Heights, Forest Park, Reynold/Longden since 1993
- Current member of Greenwood Plan Commission (also served in 2009)
- Member ASPIRE Johnson County & Talent Retention Team since 2014
- Past member of Johnson County Solid Waste Management
- Past President of the wives auxiliary of the Greenwood Jaycees
- Former Employee of Ernst & Young LLP – 24 Years
- Voted in every election since becoming 21
Our family established a technology scholarship in 2010 for Greenwood High School students in honor of John’s 42 years of teaching.